- The first map that included the name Qurain (Kuwait) was set by Johannes Van Keulen in 1753. This name remained in maps associated with the name Kuwait. Other names were mentioned like Bobyan, Failaka (Felecia) & Oha Island (Hou).
- The first wall around Kuwait city was built in Sheikh Abdullah bin Sabah reign to protect the city from Wahabi's invasion in 1793.
- The first mail ship anchored in Kuwait in 1868. It's an American ship called "Bebaik" arriving from Burma to Basra.
- In 1879, mailing services started in Kuwait under the supervision of the Indian Mail Department until 1904 when Sheikh Mubarak Al-Sabah asked the British government to establish a post office in Kuwait.
- Tea entered Kuwait in 1892.
- In 1899, the first treaty was signed with Britain during the reign of Sheikh Mubarak Al-Sabah, the seventh ruler of Kuwait, to maintain Kuwait independence and political entity.
- Custom department, the first government directorate, was established in 1899.
- The first import of kerosene (Kaz, in Kuwaiti dialect) to Kuwait from India in 1902 by Mr. McKenzi, the British ships agent in Jerri cans. It was distilled & filled in Russia. It came in 2 categories; the lion mark & the sun mark. Before that, Kuwaitis used normal oils like sesame oil, olive oil & tallow for lights.
- The first clinic was in the former British Commissioner house in Sharq area, known to Kuwaitis as Dickson House.
- The first car in Kuwait "Monaro" was given as a present from Sheikh Qassim al Ibraheem to Sheikh Mubarak. It was seen as prodigy.
- The first telegraph office in Kuwait was established in 1912.
- The first modern school was established in 1913 by the pioneers of the American mission in the Gulf. The first building in Kuwait was of iron ferroconcrete that cost US $ 6000.
- The first water desalination device was bought by Sheikh Mubarak Al-Sabah through "streak shipping" company and cost 250,000 Rupees.
- The first land custom building was established in a small building in Safat square in 1914 to control the caravan arriving to the city and collect the tax from it. Then, it was transferred to Nayaf Gate and permanently removed in April 1957.
- The first dam was built to collect rain water by an order from the departed Amir Sheikh Salem A-Sabah in 1917 and it was known as Alnoqra.
- In 1921, the first consultative council was established. It was the first organized political event that contributed in determining the state's authorities and it's administration. It was the first direct participation of the nation in managing the state's affairs. Sheikh Ahmed Al-Jaber had agreed to form a specific consultative council of 12 members chosen by recommendation.
- The first public library, the National Library, was opened in 1923 and contained many useful books. Kuwaiti people contributed financially in this project , and provided many valuable & unique books that were added to the library books, which later became a source of science to the Kuwaiti educated people.
- In 1927, the first airport was opened in Dasma area outside Kuwait city. The first flights to Dasma airport were operated by the Empire Airlines, which later became the British Airways. It used the land runway in Dasma as fuel platform for its flights Britain-India-Britain.
- The first Amir to travel to Europe was Sheikh Ahmed Al-Jaber. He was his uncle's, Sheikh Salem Al-Mubarak, envoy to extend the felicitation of the Amir of Kuwait to King George the fifth in the occasion of Britain's victory in the First World War.
- The first law in Kuwait was the Municipality Law issued by Sheikh Ahmed Al-Jaber Al-Sabah in 1931.
- In 1931, the first municipality council was established. It was formed in 1932.
- Electricity entered Kuwait for the first time in 1934 by Kuwait Electricity Company, which sold its electricity production, not exceeding 200 kilo watt, to Kuwaiti people in high costs.
- The first radio was brought to Kuwait by Major Holmse in 1934 and gave it as a present to Sheikh Ahmed Al-Jaber Al-Sabah.
- The first regular school for girls: the Education Council that supervises education in Kuwait realized the importance of educating woman in the society and hence decided to open the first regular school for girls in 1937. The council made a contract with two qualified teachers who were sisters from Palestinian nationality.
- The first parliamentary council elected in the political history of Kuwait is the First Legislative National Assembly in the era of Sheikh Ahmed Al-Jaber Al-Sabah in 1938. The fourteen members of that council were selected via election.
- Telephone wires were extended for the first time in Kuwait in 1942.
- 1940 was the year of establishing the Amiri Hospital, which was later officially opened in 1949.
- The first street in Kuwait to be paved with tar is Dasman street in 1945.
- The first marine cargo line was established in 1946.
- The year 1946 witnessed the export of the first Kuwaiti oil shipment from Mina Alahmadi (Ahmadi Port) in a British tanker to Britain.
- The first hotel in Kuwait was “Sherin” hotel, named after his owner Mr. Yousif Sherin, and was built in the city, Safat area, in 1947.
- The first church was built in Kuwait in Ahmadi city in 1948, and was called “Our Lady of Arabia”.
- The first newspaper to be issued and published in Kuwait was “Kazma” magazine, which is a monthly artistic social news paper. Its first issue was published in 1948.
- The first center for literacy in Kuwait was opened in 1952.
The first Kuwaiti national bank was established in 1952, and was called “Kuwait National Limited Bank”.
- In 1954, the Kuwaiti National Airlines company celebrated the arrival of the first airplane, which was called “Kazma”. The Dakota DC3 airplane landed in the old airport which was located in the area currently occupied by Al-dahiya and Al-nozha areas. The airplane took a number of the invitees in a shout round above Kuwait territories and then returned to the airport. The capacity of that airplane was 32 seats.
- The first official gazette was “Kuwait Today”, first published in 1954 by “Publications Department”, and was printed in their print press.
- The first news agency in Kuwait was (Kuwait News Agency) established in 1956.
- The first official census of the population in Kuwait was performed in 1957.
- By the end of 1958, the first Kuwaiti tanker for crude oil was built. The Kuwaiti Oil Tankers Company, established in Kuwait with Kuwaiti monies, ordered its manufacture in Japan. The tanker had the capacity of 46 million tons.
- The real estate register started in Kuwait in 1959.
- The year 1960 witnessed the first session of the “Council of Kuwaiti Currency”.
- The official beginning of the cooperative movement in Kuwait was in 1962 after the issuance of its organizing law. Kaifan Cooperative Society was the first official cooperative society in Kuwait.
- The elections of the first establishing council was performed in Kuwait in 1962 for drafting a constitution that organizes ruling pursuant to democratic basis derived from the factual life and objectives of Kuwait.
- The first ministry in the history of Kuwait was in 1962. His Highness Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmed Al-Jaber Al-Sabah occupied the position of the Minister of “Guidance and News”.
- The first national assembly was inaugurated in 1963. Sheikh Abdullah Al-Salem Al-Sabah, the ruler of Kuwait by then inaugurated the first sessions in a speech where he said: "In the name of Allah Almighty, we open the first session of the National Assembly which starts the stage of the constitutional era in Kuwait"